We recently sold $LMAT for a gain of +15.7% on a one-month holding period. Here’s a technical walk-through of the trade from entry to exit.Continue Reading →
As the stock market tries to gain traction after recently pulling back, a bit of caution may be a good idea. Breakout stocks are still holding up well for us, but breakouts have a higher failure rate when the major indices are in correction mode. As such, we’ve been expanding our radar to hone in on […]Continue Reading →
With leading stocks cruising steadily higher for months, it can be challenging to find strong stocks at ideal, low-risk entry points. However, we have been searching all the nooks and crannies for momentum swing trade setups that still look great. As usual, our nightly stock scans have turned up four nice-looking stock charts that could be in play within […]Continue Reading →
If you are interested in stock market seasonality, you may be interested to know how stocks have historically performed around the Labor Day holiday. Since we are technical swing traders who follow a disciplined, rule-based trading strategy, it frankly doesn’t matter to us. Nevertheless, seasonal stock market trends make for interesting reading and trivia. CXO […]Continue Reading →
You identify an ideal buy point on a stock chart and enter a new swing trade with little to no hesitation. But as soon as you’ve entered the position, the price falls apart and forces you out of the trade when your protective stop is triggered. Then, as soon as you’re out of the trade, the […]Continue Reading →
Updated 08.24.16 If you are a trader or investor who likes to monitor the stock market with your smartphone, you may be looking for the best stock trading apps for your iPhone or Android. In 2013, I re-published an excellent roundup of 10 of the best native mobile and progressive web apps for monitoring stocks and options. Since […]Continue Reading →
You’re not alone if you feel like you’re missing out on leading stocks rallying higher. Here’s a simple and low-risk way to buy the best stocks now.Continue Reading →
A history of massive earnings growth, a valid base of consolidation, and a price at/near the 52-week high are three key elements of our momentum trading strategy for finding the best stock breakouts. But once you have identified the top breakout candidates and created your watchlist, it is also helpful to know the timing of when […]Continue Reading →
While having a proven trading strategy and properly managing your money are key elements to being a successful swing trader, mastering the psychology of trading is an important success factor that is frequently overlooked. I’ve already shared my insight on the 4 most dangerous emotions in trading, but the following guest post by Brian McAboy delves even deeper into […]Continue Reading →
What percentage of the time do you think a trader needs to have winning trades in order to be consistently profitable over the long-term? 60%? 70%? 80%? What if I told you that some of the best equities traders I know have a win rate of only 50%, and some very successful swing and position […]Continue Reading →
What are you looking for?
LIKE Us On Facebook:
Top 20 Most Popular Posts - Read More!
- Top 10 iPhone And Android Apps For Stock & Options Traders
- How To Find The Best Stocks To Buy Before They Breakout
- What Is Swing Trading? Is It The Best Trading Strategy?
- How To Use The 10-Day Moving Average To Maximize Your Trading Profits
- How Winning In The Stock Market Boils Down To Simple Math
- How To Find The Best Stock Breakouts (In Less Than 30 Minutes A Day)
- How Much Volume Is Enough For Trading Stocks & ETFs?
- How To Find The Best Entry Points For Short Selling Stocks
- How Multiple Time Frame Analysis Increases Your Trading Profits
- How To Improve Your Stock Pick Win Rate With Intraday Moving Averages
- 2 Simple Formulas For Finding Stocks With Explosive Potential
- Top 5 Qualities Of The Best Stock Breakouts – Trading Strategy
- How To Quickly Scan For Swing Trade Pullbacks
- How To Trade Around Earnings Reports With Maximum Profits And Low Risk
- Here’s An Excellent Way To Quickly Measure The Strength Of A Rally
- 5 Modes Of Our Stock Market Timing System – Designed For Swing Traders
- How To Know When Is The Right Time To Start Buying Stocks Again
- How To Buy The Best Breakout Stocks On A Pullback
- Why The 50-Day Moving Average Is A Great Technical Indicator
- 9 Hot Stocks Poised For Breakout In The Coming Days