Top 10 iPhone And Android Apps For Stock & Options TradersPrint This Article
Sep 13, 2013
If you’re a stock market trader or investor, and one of the millions of people around the world who own a smartphone, you may be wondering which iPhone or Android apps are most useful for keeping on top of the stock market.
Recently, I came across a great article on the Internet that lists 10 of the best iPhone apps for monitoring the stock market. Since I thought such information would be useful to the readers of this blog, I’ve republished the article below (with permission of the author).
Although the article only discusses iPhone apps, Android users are not left in the dark because I have verified that 8 of the 10 apps listed in the article are also available for download in the Google Play store (Stock+Option Market Station and Stock Option Simulator are not available for Android).
Best iPhone/Android App For Stock Traders
One mobile app not on the list below that I really dig is from top-rated brokerage firm TradeKing.com (just $4.95 per stock trade or 65 cents per option contract).
In addition to enabling you to place stock and options trades from your smartphone, the TradeKing app is fantastic for stock traders because account holders also receive free real-time quotes and advanced technical charting capabilities. Just shake your phone to refresh any screen. Very cool.
Tying with TradeKing as my personal favorite smartphone app for stock trading is eTrade. Sharing nearly the same features as the TradeKing app above, the eTrade app is fast, sleek, and efficient. eTrade is also a convenient way to buy shares in 11 global stock markets.
Best iPhone/Android App For Options Traders
If you are an options trader, you may find OptionsHouse to be the most useful of the 10 mobile apps below because of the ability to place all types of options trades on the go. However, in order to use the free app, you must first have an active options house account (click here to open a new account and trade free for 60 days).
In Barron’s Best Online Brokers Of 2013, the highest score for best overall mobile app was awarded to tradeMonster. I personally am not yet familiar with their app, but Barron’s magazine is a very reputable and trustworthy source. I’ll be checking it out soon.
10 of the Best iPhone Apps For Monitoring Your Stock Options
Managing your investments can feel like a full-time job, especially in an economic climate that’s still struggling to rebound and that’s fraught with uncertainty. Thankfully, the mobile device in your pocket can prove to be a valuable investment on its own, and can be a powerful financial planning and investment management tool. These 10 apps can transform your iPhone from a mobile device into your own personal stock analyst, making a real difference in the way that you keep up with your stock options.
- MarketWatch – Gathering the most important financial stories, global market news, quotes in real time and analysis of the market each day, this free app from Dow Jones makes it easier than ever to keep up with the stock market, even when you’re on the go.
- Forbes Intelligent Investing – When it comes to trusted names in the financial world, few can compete with Forbes. That’s why this free app from the minds behind the venerable publication is such a must-have offering for both advanced investors and newcomers to the market. With video interviews and features relevant to the market, investment articles and panel discussions, this is one app you can’t afford to neglect.
- DailyFinance – Stock Quotes and Business News – Real-time quotes, customizable news updates from more than three thousand reputable sources, tracking for multiple portfolios and charting are just a few of the options you’ll be able to take advantage of with this free app. Keep up with all of your portfolios, monitor your investments and stay on top of all the trends, no matter where you are or what you’re doing.
- Yahoo! Finance – One of the most instantly recognizable entities in the online world, Yahoo! offers financial advice and news through their Finance outlet and a free app for your iPhone. Keep up with the stocks you’ve invested in, access a market summary, graph and compare currencies or markets, and keep up with commodities, industries and other financial realms while utilizing shake navigation for easy perusal.
- Morningstar – Called one of the “seven best free investing apps for 2011″ by Kiplinger, Morningstar is a gratis app that helps you keep track of your investments through insights, analysis and market research. Content for the free app comes from Morningstar.com, a trusted name in online stock and investing tips.
- Bloomberg – Find tracking tools, business and finance news, and information on developing trends in emerging markets, bonds, funds, insurance and technology with the free Bloomberg app. You can also tap into the Bloomberg Television Live function for global financial news around the clock, along with audio interviews from major players in the financial world.
- Stock+Option – Market Station Powers Stock & Options Research with Realtime Quotes, Chart and Data Visualization – Trade stocks and options from your iPhone device, along with incredibly in-depth tracking and analysis features with this top-of-the-line, complex app. Available from the App Store for $8.99, Stock+Option is one of the pricier apps on the market, but it is well worth the money for advanced traders and investors.
- OptionsHouse – In order to use this free app, you must first have an active OptionsHouse account. When you’re up and running, OptionsHouse iOS grants you unfettered, real-time access to your account from anywhere in the world. Make trades right from your iPhone, cancel orders, create watchlists and keep up to date on every facet of your investment portfolio with OptionsHouse.
- Stock Option Simulator – There are times when you want to test out your theories or learn the market before putting up any real money from your nest egg. That’s where the $0.99 Stock Options Simulator app comes in handy. Determine the risk associated with a particular option versus the payoff, then make a sound and informed decision.
- thinkorswim Mobile – Futures, options, stocks and forex can all be traded quickly and easily with the free thinkorswim app from TD Ameritrade. With a few taps of the screen, you can track events that make a difference to your bottom line, stream live financial news, modify orders and alerts, access real-time quotes and test strategies with minimal risk.
Original Source: 10 OF THE BEST IPHONE APPS FOR MONITORING YOUR STOCK OPTIONS
Are there any financial apps not mentioned above that you really like? Do you have any feedback on the apps above? If so, share your thoughts with our readers by leaving a comment below.
With this article, we would like to keep a continually updated and fresh list of the best smartphone apps, so please help us with your input.